Monday, February 25, 2013

Investigating Themes in Of Mice and Men


Investigating Themes in Of Mice and Men




2.)  What kind of relationship do George and Lennie have?  Is their relationship a friendship?  How does this relationship express Steinbeck’s position on the individual versus the community? 

I think Lennie and George have a follower and leader relationship. Maybe like older brother and younger brother, or even bear and a cub, George obviously being the older one while Lennie is the younger. One is following the other most of the time.
           
 I wouldn't call it a friendship,I would they are forced to be with each other, but then again     they also need each other

i think it shows that they need eachother to survive in the community.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with what you say about the big brother and the younger brother. It seems like George is the one that is the bigger brother to Lennie. Even though George is the bigger brother he still relies on his "younger brother," George to do a lot of things that he needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you I think they do have a brotherly relationship. I like how you explain how you see it as that type of relationship. I think you chose a good example. An example is how George promised Lennie's aunt that he would care for him and look after him, just like a brother would.

    ReplyDelete